Pleated Maxi + Happiness Boutique

Pleated Maxi + Happiness Boutique

pleated maxi + Happiness boutique 3

Happy Monday! These next few weeks ahead are going to be busy busy! I will be heading out this Thursday for a wedding in Ohio and again the following weekend for a wedding in Iowa. The weather here has been so odd lately, warm one day, cold and rainy the next. I take full advantage of the weather when it’s gorgeous outside. Recently, the Happiness Boutique contacted me about featuring a piece of jewelry. After seeing my blog, you know I love my jewels. I wanted to pick a piece that was a bit out of the norm for me, so I went with this layered art deco necklace. The site is awesome and they have some really affordable and fashionable jewelry to choose from! Their shipping is free and super quick (I hate waiting for packages)! I am also loving this necklace and I am sure it is going to be a new purchase. Make sure to check out their site, and if you buy anything, sign up for their rewards program!

I wanted to really highlight the necklace, so I paired this recently purchased maxi with it. I liked how the necklace would just take up the space from the lower front detail on the dress. I thought I would share a few thoughts on this dress in regards to length and sizing. So, I am typically a large in pretty much everything I wear, unless it tends to run loose or big. I sized down (wearing a M) in this and I am happy I did. I ordered this dress online in both sizes (I tend to do this a LOT) and found the sizing to be quite different. The large overall had no shape and the most amazing part, the hem at the bottom was almost 3 inches longer! For height reference, I am 5’3″ and wearing 3 inch heels. The reason I kept this dress is because it has adjustable shoulders on it, so I was able to take the front up, and I find that it also took the dress inseam up a bit as well. I have a constant battle with maxi dresses, especially with regards to the length and the cut on the front. That is why it sits a bit higher on my chest, as compared to the model on the site. Should you have any other questions, feel free to ask!

pleated maxi + Happiness boutique 4

pleated maxi + Happiness boutique

pleated maxi + Happiness boutique 6

pleated maxi + Happiness boutique 2

pleated maxi + Happiness boutique 5

Dress Express | | Necklace c/o Happiness Boutique | | Shoes Nine West found at Amazon
Sunnies Ray-Ban (sale!) | | Bracelets Tory Burch, Taudrey (set of 3), Kate Spade & David Yurman
Watch Michael Kors | | Lips MAC (Pink Plaid)

Currently Linked up with: Jessica | Garay Treasures | On the Daily Express | More Pieces of Me
Pink Sole | Cha Cha | Walking in Memphis | Fashion Canvas | Jo Lynne Shane | WNJ

1. June 8 / 8:25 am

Gorgeous necklace and dress Denise. I am looking for a good statement necklace and have heard of Happiness boutique so thanks for the referral.
    You look lovely!
    Rachelxo

Garay Treasures

2. June 8 / 10:50 am

Ahh….I’ve been wanting this dress so badly!! Everytime I go to order it, I change my mind. But I think you’ve convinced me that I need to grab it before it sells out!! So gorgeous!!

Shauna

3. June 8 / 2:07 pm

Pleats on a dress make me so happy!! I’m actually wearing a similar dress to a wedding this weekend and your post has me even more excited!! You look gorgeous and ethereal! xo, Biana –BlovedBoston

4. June 8 / 2:22 pm

That is a gorgeous white pleated dress, Denise and yay to wedding season! The weather has been seriously warm here and we had to buy fans which scared the crap out of my little one. He’s afraid of any strange moving objects. LOL!

5. June 9 / 11:29 am

Great sunglasses
    Lovely dress, cute style
    xx

6. June 9 / 4:00 pm

This is another problem I have with maxi dresses, they swallow me whole due to the length, I’m only an inch shorter than you are! So it’s great that this dress was adjustable, you look beautiful as always! I always love your mirrored aviators!

7. June 9 / 4:40 pm

Such a beautiful dress, love the necklace as well! Looking great 🙂

Recently I have started as a guest designer for a famous bag brand and my first design of a belt bag is out! <3 I would love to hear what you think about it! 🙂
    Hope to see you soon on my blog
    Bloglovin
    Facebook 🙂

Kisses from Zurich,
    K

8. June 9 / 9:17 pm

saw that dress in their catalog and fell it love! It looks great on you

9. June 9 / 9:44 pm

That dress look incredible on you!
    Melanie @ meandmr.com

10. Amy Ann
    June 9 / 10:09 pm

Okay I love every single piece in this look! The white maxi is so pretty in you. I love seeing your necklace and can’t wait to get mine. Those shoes are amazing! I’ve been looking for a reddish heel. Have fun at your weddings!