Summer Layering + SoCal Gems

summer layering + SoCal Gems 4

Happy Wednesday! It has been crazy humid here this week, quite a change from the temperature drop last week! If these shorts look familiar to you, that is because I wore them in the printed version pretty recently here. I love them and find them to be super super comfy! I added a boyfriend tee to them and did some layering with a vest that I have had for quite a few years. I like to layer in summer, but obviously the layers need to be thin, so this vest is the perfect addition.

Since this look is a bit more casual, I always like to add wedges, or nice shoes and some fun jewels. You may remember that Monday I featured a layered necklace. Today, I am wearing a brighter necklace with a different feel from SoCal Gems. I loved the pops of yellow and the detailing on it. Working with SoCal Gems has been a pleasure and they have some amazing pieces. I am currently loving this necklace here and this bracelet here. Make sure to stop by the site and check out their jewelry! As a thanks to my readers, you can use the coupon code FLL 10 on the site!

summer layering + SoCal Gems 2

summer layering + SoCal Gems 5

summer layering + SoCal Gems 6

summer layering + SoCal Gems 3

summer layering + SoCal Gems

Necklace c/o SoCal Gems (use code FLL10 for 10% off) | | Vest Forever 21 | | Shorts Old Navy
Tee Old Navy | | Shoes Tory Burch | | Bag Tory Burch | | Watch Michael Kors
Lips MAC (Impassioned) | | Bracelets Kate Spade, Tory Burch, Taudrey, & David Yurman

Winter Fashion

Archives

1. 6.10.15
    Candice said:

I really love how you styled this outfit – those shoes are stunning!

CANDICE | BEAUTY CANDY LOVES

2. 6.10.15

I love that you’re rocking your style despite the humidity! I really love that vest 🙂

COOCOO FOR COCO

3. 6.10.15
    Zarrah said:

I love your white vest.
    So chic looking
    XO

Check my new post.
    The Bandwagon Chic | Instagram | Bloglovin

4. 6.10.15

This outfit is so perfect for summer! Love the sleeveless vest and the way you added wedges to dress up the look. So cute!! xo

Audrey Adair | http://www.keygypsy.com

5. 6.10.15

White and black – perfect chic color combo! I’m loving the white vest and I can see you wearing it in a variety of ways – and probably with a great pair of skinny jeans!! xo, Biana –BlovedBoston

6. 6.10.15

I really like this outfit. the loose vest is really nice and of course your necklace makes your outfit more interesting. Have a great Wednesday, Denise!
    xo
    Elmira
    WELL PUT TOGETHER

7. 6.10.15

What a great way to dress up the shorts- definitely a great vest indeed! F21 and Old Navy for the win!!

Clare | Understated Classics

8. 6.10.15
    Carina G. said:

Love your necklace !
    xoxo,

atwednesdaysiwearpink.blogspot.com

9. 6.10.15
    Susie said:

I neeed that vest! It is so perfect! Love this look!

xx,
    Susie

10. 6.10.15
    Kelsey&Kenecha said:

Very nice outfit! I like those shorts and the necklace x

Florals&Smiles
    Twitter

11. 6.10.15
    Megan said:

I love shorts like that! The vest is so perfect with them. I love to layer in the Summer, but with tanks, not sweaters 🙂
    ~~Megan~~

12. 6.10.15
    Rachel said:

What a lovely statement necklace, cute shorts and wedges look. You look lovely Denise.
    Rachel xo

Garay Treasures

13. 6.10.15

I have seen a couple of this shorts in stores here and stupid me hesitated to purchase one. Thanks for the inspiration, Denise! I’ll be picking one up soon!

14. 6.10.15
    Vanessa said:

Such an amazing look, hun! Totally swoon worthy!
    XOXO, Vanessa

15. 6.10.15
    Jeannette said:

Hello Girl! Your outfit is perfect for the weather here in Orlando right and I love it! The vest is super cute and the Tory wedges are TDF. I am in love with them! The pop of color from the necklace makes the entire outfit stands out. I really like it! Hope everything is going great with you Denise. Sending you lots of love and blessings. XOXO, Jeannette

16. 6.10.15
    Melanie said:

I love the layering!
    Melanie @ meandmr.com

17. 6.10.15
    Vanessa said:

I found your blog through IG! Love following along and love your style. I adore this layered look on you so cute!! Love that necklace paired against your pretty lip color.

Kisses,
    Nessa

18. 6.11.15
    Jo said:

Beautiful look 🙂 Keep In touch dear..
    Rampdiary/Beauty and fashion/ Art blog

19. 6.11.15
    Ashley said:

That vest is gorgeous- loooove how you wore it here. 🙂

-Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

20. 6.11.15

I will forever love black and white outfits, but the color pop of the necklace with this is just perfect!!
    Gina || On the Daily Express

21. 6.11.15
    Shannon said:

You look so chic! In love with this black-and-white look! That vest is amazing and I love the pop of color in the necklace!

<3 Shannon
    Upbeat Soles

22. 6.11.15

you look so fresh and pretty! I really like this monochrome look, especially the long white vest.
    The yellow necklace is a wonderful touch of colour…really masterful styling!

23. 6.11.15
    Janet H said:

Pretty look xx that vest is so nice and so are the accessories.

24. 6.11.15

Love d way u styled ur vest n u a gorgeous looking girl 🙂

BeachWear

25. 6.11.15

You look incredible!
    This also reminds me that I need to break out my pair of wedges, lol. Too bad I live in a very old town (it’s been around since the 1600s; everything here is ooold), so the roads are incredibly bumpy, making it difficult to walk. I’m excited that it’s officially warm weather, though! :o)
    ChicAndAlluring.com

26. 6.11.15
    Dania said:

So great black and white look, love your bag.
    Kisses

27. 6.11.15
    Jeanelly said:

Love this flowy vest!
    Xo
    Jeanie

28. 6.11.15
    Connie said:

I am absolutely loving this outfit, especially the necklace and lip color. So beautiful!

Connie | Sponsored by Coffee | Bloglovin’

29. 6.11.15

This is a perfect summer outfit! The vest is a perfect addition. You are beautiful Denise, x !

Becky, xx // http://undertheseabeauty.blogspot.ca/

30. 6.11.15
    Nikki said:

Love the black and white look. And your necklace is fab!

Nikki
    thefashionablewife.com

31. 6.12.15

Oh I love that vest! Perfect for summer you can look put together but not be too hot. Nice job!

Allie of ALLIE NYC
    allienyc.com

32. 6.15.15

Oh Denise you look so damn pretty I love your look. J’adore. But I think the white shirt is to hard .. I think the color of the west fits you much more. From the color aspect. But you look so lovely at all. Wonderful and so inspiring.

Bisous from Berlin, Patricia
    THEVOGUEVOYAGE by Patricia Sophie Petit

33. 6.18.15

I want the shoes! They look so comfy!!