Dress for Success Link-Up with ShopStyle

Dress for Success Link-Up with ShopStyle

dress for success 4Pretty cool thing happening today with ShopStyle and some other lovely bloggers! ShopStyle, as many of you know (and for many who don’t) is an affiliate linking program, where bloggers are able to link many of their items, and earn money through clicks and sales. From December 8th-9th, they are partnering with bloggers and Dress for Success {www.dressforsuccess.org} to help give back. Ten percent of all sales on my blog between December 8th and 9th will be donated to Dress for Success and ShopStyle will match each donation dollar for dollar! So if you spend $30 on a dress from y site, $3 will go to Dress for Success and ShopStyle will match that $3! You can read more about it here. You can also check out some other amazing ladies that are participating on the Bloggers Give Back Page!
Today I am sharing some photos of a “power outfit” or something that I wear that makes me feel confident. If you have been following me for a while, you know that a lot of my blog and instagram photos are centered around workwear. I find that workwear is typically when I feel the most confident. I love mixing pieces, colors, and prints, and just finding clothing that really hugs my curves. I love a good dress or skirt that can enhance my figure or hide the things I need to hide as well. I think confidence is all about finding pieces that work well for you and make you feel good.
Dress for Success is all about empowering women and helping them feel good in their own skin. There have been a lot of people helping me throughout my life and I cannot thank everyone enough for all the encouragement and support I have been shown throughout the years. Growing up, I was always heavier and made fun of a lot. I was never confident in my own skin and I still struggle with that from time to time. There are so many beautiful people in my life that have been there with me through it all, and I am constantly meeting new people (followers and other bloggers) who help encourage and empower on a daily basis! Please feel free to share your story below and let me know!

dress for success 5
dress for success 1
dress for success 3

And now for some gorgeous bloggers that have joined me in working with Shopstyle to share how they feel confident in their daily lives (both of them are mothers as well)!!!

e3aa667f-6eed-446f-ae84-12465d553673
 Liz from Style Wich
Not too long ago, I was a corporate attorney but my full time job at the moment is stay-at-home mom so my “power outfit” lately consists of comfortable pieces that still look polished like a structured coat, jeans that fit like a dream and high heels that I can run around in! I love colors and quirky details so I always throw in some fun accessories to complete the look and express my mood. I believe feeling confident comes naturally when you wear clothing that you love and feel comfortable in.

a2673c3d-cede-473f-be77-8b33a0427addRachel from Garay Treasures
I feel confident wearing clothing or accessories (scarves, sweaters, statement jewelry, etc) that I can layer to give an extra touch or polish to an outfit. As a stay-at-home mom (and blogger ofgaraytreasures.com) it can be hard to get motivated to dress beyond a tee and jeans, but adding that third layer makes me feel confident, pretty and motivated towards a successful day.

Feel free to join our link-up and share with us and all the other gorgeous ladies! Would love to see you rocking confidence!

*Thank you for thinking of ShopStyle when doing any purchases in the next two days!

1. Pam
    December 8 / 5:20 am

great cause! I find that when im in workwear, I feel less confident :p i much prefer casual clothes 🙂
    you however look amazing for work and ive said that a million times before haha

2. Amy Ann
    December 8 / 7:51 am

I am loving this outfit! Totally a dress for success kind of look. I almost bought this dress and am regretting it. The addition of your festive bow blouse is perfect. Have a good day!

3. December 8 / 8:03 am

I just realized I forgot to email you back about this!! Ahh!! I’m so sorry! The holiday season is killing my brain cells! I just added my post to the link-up anyway since it’s fairly on theme. 🙂 At any rate, yet another beautiful outfit from you and I loved reading your personal story. I’m so glad that you have found the confidence and support to share your personal style with us! You’re a great person inside and out!
    Gina || On the Daily Express

4. Sahra
    December 8 / 9:46 am

such a cute dress! and I love the pop of leopard!

XO Sahra
    Que Sera Sahra

5. December 8 / 11:12 am

I really wanted to join this and have been waiting for the weather to at least clear up a little so I can take pictures but no such luck, it’s been absolutely miserable for more than a week now. And I’m a little upset about it. I’m one of the many who had no idea about ShopStyle so it’s been interesting to learn about it and good for them and you ladies in doing this for a great cause.

Never let anyone tell you or make you feel lousy about yourself, body shape, weight or anything. You’re a great person and it shows by how many good cause you participated in and I wish there’s an opportunity to know you in real life, Denise. xx

Reflection of Sanity | Palmer’s Cocoa Butter Care Package Giveaway (Canada ONLY)

6. December 8 / 11:59 am

You look STUNNING! I love the bright red on you and that sequin tie is adorable!

7. December 8 / 12:07 pm

What a pretty and festive outfit and thanks for giving a shout out to Dress for Success! Have a lovely week!

8. December 8 / 12:08 pm

I just love the bow on your dress! So pretty! That is such a great cause, too!

Carrie
    curlycraftymom.com

9. December 8 / 1:48 pm

I love this look you chose for your power outfit!! You look incredible and exude confidence! I am happy to see so many bloggers taking part of this amazing campaign. Thanks for hosting a link up, your awesome! XO, Ellese

Rock.Paper.Glam.

10. December 8 / 3:25 pm

A little bit of encouragement & support can go a long way. That’s so great to give back. The holiday dress is stunning. I like the subtlety of the sequins. :]

// ▲ itsCarmen.com ▲

11. December 9 / 6:45 pm

This is SUCH a phenomenal outfit – in part because the items are gorgeous (love the bow) but also because you exude confidence in it!!!

XO
    Lee | LegalLee Blonde

12. December 9 / 7:27 pm

You look gorgeous in red and I love the bow! Perfect look for the holidays!

Jill