Workwear Wednesday: Tweed Skirt

Hey all and happy Wednesday! If you have been with me for a while, then you know that this post is a complete throwback. Well, the idea of workwear is really what is the throwback! I have not done one of these in a while… mainly because I no longer have a standard 9-5 and generally work from home. Despite this, this series is still one of my highest viewed and pinned and I still get quite a bit of questions about what I wear to work. So, I thought I would revive this and share some pieces I would wear or what I may wear to a business meeting and such.
This tweed skirt had been in my cart for a while, but I went back and forth on it. I was not sure about it aging me, as I tend to find tweed to be for an older demographic. I wanted to give the skirt a bit more youth and color, as it is still a tad muted. I knew this detachable bow would be super fun with the look and give it some serious ‘Gossip Girl’ vibes. So, I paired the pair with this button down, which I pretty much exclusively wear together!
To brighten the look up a bit more and because it is so dang cold here, I added this violet-colored coat! The color is perfect and reminds me so much of spring.
Hope you all have such an awesome week ahead!

Coat Loft (size L) | | Skirt Loft (size 14) | | Top Ann Taylor (old-similar here and linked) | | Bag Last Call
Boots Target (fits wider calf) | | Bow Asos (old) | | Lips MAC (Brave) & Liner (Soar)

1. 1.24.19
    Delia Atenea said:

Gorgeous as always babe! I love how you always have the most colorful outfits!!!

2. 1.25.19
    Nataly said:

That tweed skirt is beautiful! I love the way you styled it for work.

3. 1.25.19

SUCH a cute skirt on you. You have the best style!

4. 1.25.19
    Deborah said:

Tweed is my absolute favorite texture! It’s smart and chic! I love this outfit!

5. 1.25.19
    Sharon Wu said:

i love the tweed skirt, but i think i’m more obsessed with that lavender purple coat :O it’s seriously the perfect shade and i love how it looks on you!!!

6. 1.25.19
    Tonya Morris said:

I absolutely love that tweed skirt! So perfect for work!

7. 1.25.19
    Taylor Aube said:

I love this tweed skirt with the lavender jacket, such a pretty and polished outfit!

8. 1.25.19

Wow that tweed skirt looks awesome! Love how you styled it! ❤️ I would love to own a tweed skirt and jacket if I ever find the right one that suits me.

9. 1.25.19

Wow that tweed skirt looks awesome on you! I would love to own a tweed skirt and jacket if I ever find the right one that suits me.

10. 1.26.19
    Candace said:

Tweed is just to chic and fashionable. Loved how you paired it with those boots and top.

XO
    Candace

11. 1.27.19

Tweed is so classy, this is such a pretty outfit you put together. The over the knee boots are everything!

12. 1.28.19
    Mariuxi said:

Girl, you nailed this work outfit with that pop of color bag! Super soft, work-appropriate and chic! Thanks for sharing!

13. 1.30.19

Such a cute way to style tweed, love the bow-adorned blouse as well!

Cheers x