Everything I rented with RTR Unlimited in one month (Plus Size Edition)

Hey all and happy Monday! Hope you all had an amazing long weekend… assuming you were off on Friday! I did a whole lot of nothing this weekend and it was such a great feeling!
I have been using Rent The Runway Unlimited now for about 6ish months and love how useful it is as a blogger, but also because I can wear things I could honestly never afford…EVER.
I did a post a while back after first trying it and reviewed it from a plus size angle. This time I wanted to highlight more of the process behind it and how useful it could before you.
So, I have compiled a list of all the pieces I rented in a one month span, including pieces that did not work at all for me. I am including sizing and fit recommendations on all these pieces, but always feel free to reach out if you have more questions!

There is also a pricing breakdown at the bottom, in case you want to know if it is worth it.

FULL DISCLOSURE: I live in Chicago, a city with an actual store, thus making it a bit easier for me to trade pieces so quickly. Although, I did have quite a few of these pieces shipped as well.

Clothing Rented (That worked)

Marques’ Almeida
Size Info: Wearing size XL (true to size)
One of my favorites this month

Tanya Taylor
Size Info: Size 14 (runs true to size)
Her dresses are one of my favorite brands to rent

La Maison Talulah
Size Info: 4XL – US size 16 (runs small- recommend sizing up)
This is the largest size they carry in this dress
Honestly, the sizing on this was confusing to me
It zipped, but it definitely took a while for the chest area

ML Monique Lhuillier
Size Info: Wearing size 18 (runs small- size up at least one size)
I found this dress to run very small, as a lot of the reviews said
If you have a larger chest or band size, I would recommend two sizes up

Aldomartins
Size Info: Size 14 (runs big- recommend sizing down)
I rented a 14, but would have liked one size down for a tighter fit
I had an issue with the waist hitting me really low on my body

Sabina Musayev
Size Info: Size XL
There were a lot of negative reviews on this piece and I was apprehensive
One of my favorite pieces I rented, especially for curves

LoveShackFancy
Size Info: Size L (runs large- recommend at least one size down)
I actually would have worn a medium if possible, it was still a bit big
Could not belt it because of the length
This dress is VERY short and I am 5’3″

J.Crew
Size Info: Size 16 (if larger chested, recommend sizing up)
Runs very small in chest
Buttons were gapping despite sizing up

Parker
Size Info: Size XL (runs TTS)
rented two pieces from this brand
one of my favorite brands to rent

Badgley Mischka
Size Info: Size 16 (Runs small across chest- recommend sizing up)

Waverly Grey
Size Info: Size XL (runs TTS)
Runs a bit small in chest area

See by Chloe
Size Info: Size L (runs a bit large, recommend sizing down)

Koché
Size Info: Wearing FR 40/US 6 (runs large)
Honestly, the sizing on this one really confused me, but the fit is really good

Tory Burch
Size info: Size XL (runs TTS)
Honestly, the fit was wrong in the hips… there was an awkward seam that hit right under the hips, so if you have larger hips, they protrude a bit more in this

Parker
Size Info: Size XL (runs TTS)
One of my other favorite brands to rent

Handbags Rented

Zac Zac Posen
Honestly loved this bag
Did not use backpack straps

Zac Zac Posen
Loved it, but the hardware on the front did scratch rather easily

Lizzie Fortunato
Loved this bag and ended up purchasing it
One of my favorite bag brands to rent

Clothing Rented (that didn’t work)

Great Jones
Size Rented: Size 16
Could not zip it at all
Was a huge NO in the chest area
Zero stretch in dress

Leota

Size Rented: XL
Ran a bit too large, the XL was just too big in odd spots
The fabric was also just way too clingy

Greylin
Size Rented: Size XL
Could barely even get over my arms
Not a chance this would have fit in my chest at all

Kate Spade New York
Size Rented: size 14
Did not fit at all and am unsure what size I would have been in this
Could barely get it past my hips unzipped

STYLESTALKER
Size Rented: Size XL
Could not even zip it at all
Definitely a NO in the chest area

Pricing Breakdown

Total Number of pieces rented: 23
Total Pieces Used: 18
Pieces Not Used: 5

Total Retail Cost (23 pieces): $7,848
Total Retail Cost (18 pieces used): $6,600

Cost of Membership: $237 (6 slots- the normal is 4 for $159)
Cost per piece (23 pieces): $10.30 per item
Cost per piece (18 pieces used): $13.17

Winter Fashion

Archives

1. 7.8.19
    rebecca said:

i love Rent the Runway!!! I wish i had one in my city because I hate having to wait for returns to process to order new stuff. but overall, i love being able to wear brands i normally couldn’t afford!

xx rebecca // http://www.rebeccapiersol.me

2. 7.8.19
    Anna English said:

I’ve browsed the site before and truly love the selection they have available!

3. 7.8.19

I LOVE all your picks. So many colors. So many prints.

❥ tanvii.com

4. 7.8.19
    Stephanie said:

Rent the Runway has always been so appealing to me, and as a blogger, I definitely want to give them a try at some point. I truly love the picks you grabbed during the month you tested out Unlimited. It makes me want to try out the same program. The closest store to me is a few hours away, but it’d be worth the trip every once in a while!

5. 7.8.19
    Carolyn said:

I love Rent the Runway so much, but I’ve never actually made a move on ordering/renting anything yet! Thanks for breaking down the pricing. It was really cool to see everything you rented!

6. 7.8.19

I love all of these dresses. You look absolutely beautiful in them. I love how they accentuate the shape of your body.

Candace Hampton

7. 7.8.19

Wow so many great, stunning options!! I’ve been contemplating trying RTR unlimited out but am always a bit hesitant, but I am loving what I am seeing!

8. 7.8.19
    Lydia said:

I think RTR would just make me want to buy everything, haha! You borrowed so many gorgeous pieces, and I love the bag you kept!
    Chic on the Cheap

9. 7.8.19
    Erin said:

I love rent the runway for special occasions! Saves money and lets you try brands and reduces buying things you’d like only wear once too! That’s a win

10. 7.8.19
    Lee said:

oh m gosh, you picked SUCH great pieces! I am in love with that dotted ML Monique Lhuillier dress!

11. 7.8.19

wow. Those dresses look so flattering on you! Thanks for sharing!

12. 7.8.19
    Laura S said:

Yes girl!! You seriously rocked all of these! I love that dress with the multi-colored skirt and black top. My fave!

13. 7.9.19
    Kileen said:

All of these dresses are so cute and absolutely beautiful! Loving the fun colors and prints, so perfect for Summer!

14. 7.9.19
    Jennifer Prince said:

That is a LOT to rent!! Also, I must say that I am SO GLAD you own your plus size and wear bold colors and patterns. So many girls I know that are plus hide behind neutrals and bigger clothing. I mean, the second dress looks WAY better on you than the tiny model – your curves rock it and allow the flowy-ness to shine. Love your choices!!

15. 7.9.19

These pieces look amazing!! I’ve used RTR in the past and really enjoyed it.

16. 7.9.19
    Em said:

so many gorgeous items – I love all the dress picks!

17. 7.9.19
    Deborah said:

I love RTR Unlimited – it’s such a sustainable way to try on new fashions!

18. 7.9.19

You got SO MUCH GOOD STUFF. Holy cow. I love all those dresses and bags. I really need to check this out.

19. 7.9.19
    Taylor Aube said:

How cute!! I love RTR – I have used them a few times in the past. They have the best selection on styles that are always on trend!

20. 7.9.19
    Delia Atenea said:

OK I can’t even handle you! That Aldomartins dress looks freakin amazing on you! I can’t decide whether that one or the first floral one is my favorite! I always LOVE the way you work with colors! You’re so chic girl!

21. 7.10.19
    Lily said:

Wow! You rented some great pieces! I love your honest thoughts on everything.

22. 7.10.19

Oh so many beautiful pieces!

23. 7.10.19

I seriously love RTR Unlimited!! You rented so many amazing pieces!

xo, Laura

24. 7.10.19

That pink dress looks amazing on you! I’ve never used RTR but I totally need to try. All these pieces are great 🙂

-xo, Azanique | https://www.lotsofsass.com

25. 7.15.19
    Annette said:

I have never used them but really love the concept from a sustainability angle!

26. 7.22.19

I don’t know how you look literally flawless in EVERYTHING you wear but you just pull it off SO WELL. I love RTR.

27. 8.3.19
    Erin said:

Girl you are selling me on doing this! You look great!