Velvet Suit & Faux Fur

Hey all happy Monday! It got cold here so quickly, after being in summer temps for quite some time. Unfortunately, the heat in my apartment is not quite working at the moment, and the temps have been in the 40’s and 50’s recently. Definitely wasn’t prepared for it to be cold inside and outside of my apartment.

Since fall is here, I have officially whipped out all of my coats… most of which are faux furs. I love a good faux fur and each year I try and find new ones to mix and match with outfits. I feel like they are such an easy way to make a statement in fall/winter. I also love them because they are a great coverup for an ugly outfit for a Target or food run haha.

I have been wearing this coat a lot recently, I feel like it’s such a statement with the mix of similar color tones. I grabbed it with my RTR unlimited subscription and will probably not be giving it back anytime soon. During the fall and winter months, I tend to rent a ton of different and fun coats and almost never buy one now!

I recently grabbed this velvet suit from Banana Republic and was sold on it because it is velvet. I love the velvet trend, but have not always loved the pieces offered. This suit was the perfect color and such a good fit. Since the pants are not quite suit length, I figured I would throw on a pair of socks with the heels. The socks came in a 2 pack (black and white) from Shein and cost 2 dollars for the pack. I have been wearing them with quite a few different outfits already.

Since I don’t wear suits too often anymore, I don’t like them to feel too professional or workplace, so I added the faux fur for a bit of a statement, and to make it a bit more fashion forward. Hope you have an amazing Monday and start to your week!

Blazer Banana Republic (size 14) | | Pants Banana Republic (size XL)
Coat Heurueh (via RTR size XL) | | Shoes Fendi | | Socks Shein | | Bag Yuzef
Clips Asos

Winter Fashion

Archives

1. 10.14.19
    Lydia said:

The mix of textures here is just wonderful, and the velvet suit is such a gorgeous color. I love that you get your outerwear from RTR, what a great idea to keep outerwear fresh while not sacrificing tons of closet space.
    Chic on the Cheap

2. 10.14.19

Ok I need this entire outfit!! Head to toe so much perfection! Can’t believe this velvet set is from Banana Republic! I always forget to shop there!

3. 10.14.19
    Anna English said:

First off, I loveeeee this color on you! Second, I need that jacket ASAP.

4. 10.14.19

Oh I am loving that coat, it’s so pretty and different! I didn’t realize that RTR did outerwear too, I’ll have to check that out.

5. 10.14.19

How fabulous you look! Love this suit. Love all the shots in front of that wall.

❥ tanvii.com

6. 10.14.19

The colors in this coat are amazing! Perfect for the fall and so cute on xoxo sarah

7. 10.14.19
    Rachel said:

Could you be any more fierce?! Love the mix of colors and textures!!

Rachel

8. 10.14.19
    Stephanie said:

What a fun, autumn outfit with tons of extra sass! I can imagine you get tons of compliments when you wear this out and about because it’s such a statement. That coat is to die for, truly – and I love your hair clips! Great look!

9. 10.14.19
    Jennifer Prince said:

What a fun fall look! And I love those barrettes, too. Such a great autumn palette!

10. 10.15.19
    Kileen said:

This coat is amazing babe! Looks so cozy and chic and I love the color!

11. 10.15.19
    Morgan said:

Okay, this outfit couldn’t be more fabulous!! That rich burgundy in velvet is too chic!

-Morgan
    How 2 Wear It [] http://how2wearit.com

12. 10.15.19

Love this look on you and that mural is to die for! You are killing it and I especially love those hair clips!

13. 10.16.19
    Greta said:

This velvet suit is giving me all the heart eyes! IT’s perfect for the holiday season.

14. 10.18.19
    Lily said:

You look fabulous, girl!

15. 10.18.19

This coat is to die for!!! I am loving all these amazing colors on both your coat AND that wall (art) mural behind you! Perfect location!
    Xx, Morgs*

16. 10.21.19
    Erin said:

OBSESSED with that coat!!!!

17. 10.21.19
    Caitlin said:

Loving the mixture of velvet and fur! Such fab rich colors.

18. 10.21.19

You look just fabulous! I absolutely love that jewel tone purple color as well. So pretty babe!