The Chunky Sneaker Trend: Fila Disruptor 2

Hey all and happy Friday! I am headed to Minneapolis this weekend for a quick trip with my family to just get away for a few days! Nothing else too exciting planned, but I feel like I have been nonstop lately and I just need to chill for a bit and enjoy some time to myself!

I was recently gifted these shoes from the Fila Heritage Collection and asked to style them in a way that felt true to me! I am constantly trying to push my limits with fashion and experiment a little bit! Wearing these shoes with jeans or shorts just felt too obvious and honestly too safe. I wanted the style to me a bit more true to me, while also still looking put together.

This first look in the plaid skirt I wore when I was traveling around San Francisco and I wore it to an ice cream shop here as well. While I was traveling the West Coast, I wanted to be comfortable, especially with all the hills that they have! I thought it would be fun to pair the shoes with plaid, since at the time it was still summer but almost fall. I added the pink jacket to keep the pink theme going, and to make sure I matched as well (obviously).

I wore this second look in Seattle for a day walking around. I had originally planned to wear this look with flats, but honestly these shoes are so much more comfortable! We did a ton of walking through Pike’s Market in Seattle and these sneakers were the most comfortable way to get around!

I am a bit sold on this chunky sneaker trend now and am considering getting these in white as well! How would you style yours?

Outfit 1: Skirt Loft | | Top Express | | Jacket Loft (old) Similar Here | | Shoes c/o Fila
Purse NM Last Call

Outfit 2: Dress Fashion Nova Curve | | Duster Fashion Nova Curve | |  Shoes c/o Fila
Bag NM Last Call

**Thank you so much to Fila and InfluenceHer Collective for sponsoring this post! Thank you for always supporting brands that support this blog!

Winter Fashion

Archives

1. 9.24.18
    Delia Atenea said:

OK first of all I love that you bought them in pink! I love the white ones but you are totally rockin’ these pink sneakers!! You look adorable! So chic!

2. 9.24.18
    Carolyn said:

I love seeing how everyone has been styling this shoe! I like how you put your own spin on it too. I don’t know if they’re for me, but I love them on you!

3. 9.24.18
    sharon wu said:

ahhh so pretty in pink babe! love those sneakers on you – you wear them so well especially with that outfit! happy monday darling x

4. 9.24.18
    Stephanie said:

I’m not sure I’ll ever be able to pull off this trend, but you sure do rock it! I love the whole outfit!

5. 9.24.18
    Kileen said:

You are totally rockin them girl!! I am loving the color, so fun! Looks great on you.

6. 9.25.18
    Tara said:

these are the first i’ve seen in pink – i looove them!

7. 9.25.18
    Deborah said:

Oh I love the fun colors in this outfit!

8. 9.25.18
    Suzanne said:

I love your chunky sneakers and hairstyle from this shoot the most! So cute, my dear. x, Suzanne http://www.suzannespiegoski.com

9. 9.26.18

I love that you chose the pink ones! I’ve always been interested on how you could style it, but I love how you rocked the pink.

10. 9.26.18

I love that the chunky sneakers have been making a comeback. I love how you styled them and that you got them in pink!

11. 9.26.18
    adriana said:

I love the way you styled that duster and striped dress! Soo cute!

12. 9.27.18

That sweater dress and pink trench are GORGEOUS!! Love seeing pink done right in so many ways;)

13. 10.1.18

So I have to say, I haven’t been the biggest fan of this trend, BUT I LOVE the pink! So cute.

14. 10.1.18

I’m adoring that striped midi dress! So pretty and perfect for early fall.

15. 10.1.18

I am simply obsessed with these chunky sneakers.
    I bought some very expensive one that hurt my feet so bad, I should have gotten these instead!

16. 10.1.18

I love how you styled these sneakers! I am trying hard to get into the chunky sneaker trend but haven’t found the perfect pair for me yet.

-xo, Azanique | http://www.lotsofsass.com

17. 10.1.18
    Laura said:

I’m personally not into the trend but I’m loving how you styled them in pink! Both outfits are super cute on you.

xo, Laura

18. 10.2.18
    Helen said:

Lady those pink kicks are seriously killer!! I am such a sneakers girl now.. can’t imagine traipsing around town in anything other than sneakers.

You rock these like no one else xx

Helen xx